Thursday, 3 August 2017

Roasted Zucchini - Courgette. Cherry Tomatoes and Popped Black Bean Salad

I mentioned in a previous blog post that I don't quite get the fuss around popped beans,  and now having made some at home, I am still bemused.  

Also I was a little unsure how to use them having now made them, as they are not like traditional popcorn made with corn, but waste not want not - I decided to scatter them over some Savoury Courgette Muffins and this Roasted Zucchini and Cherry Tomato Salad.  
The Popped Black Beans were elevated further by the generous dusting of some Outback Spirit Tasmanian Pepper Salt that Johanna sent to me last month.  I love it, so flavourful and zesty.  I can happily dip my finger in the bag and suck, but I am a grown up woman and won't do that, well that is what I am telling you.   


I am looking forward to using the Outback Spirit Tasmanian Pepper Salt much more, even scattered over some traditional popcorn.  Thank you so much Johanna.
We enjoyed this lightness of this roasted Zucchini and Cherry Tomato Salad.  both the courgettes and the tomatoes were subtle in lemon zing and the Tasmanian Pepper Salt flavoured Popped Black Beans were much more enjoyable this way..  This salad is more of a starter than a filling lunch or meal.   
I am sharing this simple Roasted Zucchini and Popped Black Bean Salad with Soups, Salads and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.  

Roasted Zucchini and Popped Black Beans salad 
Serves 4
Ingredients
2 - 3 tablespoons Olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
4 round courgettes, sliced into wedges
Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
Salt and Pepper to taste or Outback Spirit Tasmanian Pepper Salt 

Optional: Popped Black beans
Optional: Feta cheese, crumbled
Method
Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste.
Then stir in the cherry tomatoes and courgettes, until coated.
Transfer to a non stick baking tray and roast for 25 minutes or until, turning at least once.
Divide between 4 plates and scatter over the optional popped black beans and crumbled feta cheese.  

10 comments:

  1. This is something I will make as soon as my kitchen is restored! Happy weekend to you and D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e. Yes kitchen restoration does take time, i dread the day when I come to renovate our kitchen which desperately needs modernising, but it is suffice for now.

      Delete
  2. That's such a cool pretty presentation - it looks like abstract art. I've never heard of popped beans before, so I clearly need to do some research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joey.
      There not that amazing, but worth trying at least once i think.

      Delete
  3. Wow that salad looks so beautiful - I confess I haven't tried that salt and now I think I might go back and buy myself a bag as I love a good seasoning mix. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I think partly captured wonderfully by the food photographer that is my husband. How can you not have tried the salt, it is amazing. I really really like it and will be sad the day it is finished but have loads at the moment and will take time using it for such dishes. Hope you treat yourself to some soon and hope your opinion coincides with mine.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty salad. I've not tried popped beans before--interesting. ;-) Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb. I will be joining in again this week, with more courgettes!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful salad!
    I love when plates are well designed like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so pleased you like this.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You